Pages

Misty Morning at the Taj Mahal // Agra, India

Going to see the Taj Mahal was obviously on our list of things to do whilst in Agra. Some site seeing spots are definitely miss-able if you are on a budget, but seeing one of the new 7 Wonders of the World was a must (apparently there was a vote and the Taj Mahal made it onto the new list).

On our way there I was excited, but I almost felt like I was going to see something I had already been to. The image of the Taj Mahal is so iconic - being that is it pops up in a lot in articles, films, documentaries etc about India, plus whenever anyone you are friends with on social media goes to India they will undoubtedly have been and shared a picture - I was worried seeing it would not have as great an impact as other monuments we saw for the first time. However when we did arrive, the beauty of the building was as overwhelming as if you had no idea what was around the corner.

As you can probably guess from the title it was very misty the morning we went, but this did add a bit of magic to the place. Below are my favourite of the 1000 pictures I took that morning.


This is the 'Great Gate' that you have to pass through to get to the Taj Mahal. Pretty impressive in its own right.


As you can see it was pretty misty, but you could still make out this striking building through the fog.


Martyn for scale.





Martyn appreciating the wall (and also for scale).


We had to wear these rather clinical shoe covers to go up to it and inside, so here I am with my chic shoe bags.


Although this was definitely one of the pricier sites we went to, it was worth it to tick off the bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment