Pages

Garlic Butter Artichokes // Recipe

This recipe came about because, once again, I was taken in by a supermarket deal and ended up purchasing the oddest of vegetables - the artichoke.


Due to this frivolous conforming to consumerism (who am I kidding, I stuff) I spent the week asking myself 'What the Eff am I supposed to do with this Artichoke?' So as I so often find myself doing, I headed to Pinterest.

Since it wasn't Christmas and I couldn't spray paint it gold and hang it somewhere odd, as many posts suggested, I figured my next best bet was cooking it. After perusing several complicated recipes, I came up with this hybrid version of my own (mostly based on cutting down cooking time as 45 mins boiling an artichoke is LONG).

The benefit of this recipe is that I decided against covering them in parmesan, and therefore can be considered healthy! Ish. Depending on your opinion of butter/loads of better (my prefered quantity) Also you can definitely use cow/lactose free butter and make it vegan.

Garlic Butter Artichokes

Ingredients:
Artichokes - 1 per person is good
Butter - as much as it takes to cover an artichoke half
Garlic - 1 clove per whole artichoke. I ♥ garlic.

Method:
Images at the bottom to compensate for bad explanations - soz
  1. Cut spikey ends off artichokes - it looks cuter and it gets rid of the grosses bits
  2. Cut the artichoke in half - this cuts down on cooking time looads so is a must
  3. Scrape out the hairs in the centre. Also I recommend not poking your finger in there to see if they are spikey. I can tell you they are.
  4. Boil for 15 mins.
  5. Drain and place on a baking tray
  6. Crush garlic and mix with soft butter in a little bowl (margarine is the softest/eaiest - lets not be snobs)
  7. Spread over the Artichokes and bake in the oven for 15 mins until delicious!

Spikey ends cut off
Cut in half and fluffy middle removed

I stupidly ate these too quickly to take a glorious end result picture - but I'm also hoping that is evidence enough of their tastiness!

Although these were super yummers, I feel like artichokes are a bit of a pain in the bum to make so I think they'll be going in the 'only-as-an-occasional-treat-when-you-are-overcome-by-deals' category rather than an everyday staple.

No comments:

Post a Comment